Hello World

My name is Shamus Collins. My wife came across a blog entitled "Creative Journey" by an artist named Myrna Wacknov. There is a link on that blog to another blog Myrna has created entitled "Drawn to the Mirror" and this is my point of interest. Myrna has set forth to create 365 days of self portraits that began on Jan. 1st. Well I am starting a little after the first of the year but I am going to make the same goal for myself. This sounds like a fun and inspirational way to force creativity. Let the fun begin.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

42/365



This was done late last night, too late to mess with posting. This was my first attempt at using graphite. A lot of the light shading didn't show up in the scan, oh well. I likes using this but I need to get something to seal it with before I continue to use it on a regular basis.

Share

1 comment:

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Shamus, Cheap hair spray works well for setting charcoal, graphite, pastel, etc. I like your experimenting with different materials. Check out Robert Kaupelis' book on learning to draw with creativity.